There are two main reasons for folding blankets. The first one is to store it while not consuming too much space or the second might just for decoration. Either of the two, you have to make sure that you are doing it properly and effectively. That is why here are some best way to fold blanket:
How to fold blankets for storage?
- Unfold and lay it flat on the surface like a clean floor.
- Hold both shorter edges and bring them to the opposite side to fold them by half lengthwise.
- Remove any wrinkles, folds, and creases using your hands in just one direction.
- Hold both shorter edges and bring them to the opposite side to fold into crosswise and remove wrinkles, folds, or creases again.
- Store it as it is or make another fold to make it smaller. Reminder, do not fold it over and over again because it might appear bulky.
How to fold blankets for decoration like on sofas?
- Depending on the size of your sofa, hold both shorter or longer edges and bring it to the opposite side to fold it once.
- Lay the folded blanket on your sofa or at the back portion of it. After that, hold both edges to make it secure and stay in place.
- Smoothen the surface of the blanket by running your hands over it.
- Folding a blanket for decoration does not fully require skills and techniques because it mostly depends on your creativity. Of how you are going to make it look nice and presentable.
Either what purpose you have, it is quite advantageous if you know at least the basics and tips of best ways to fold blanket. It may be hard from the first time but you can do it through practice. Just lay that blanket down and do the same steps over and over again. That’s when you will get better.